Herman Colberg joined PMA in 1999 and has been a Partner since 2003. Mr. Colberg represents a diverse group of clients in an array of civil and commercial litigation matters. A majority of his cases have involved commercial contract disputes in the areas of health law (representing insurance companies from claims made by HCOs and providers), distribution law (representing both principals and dealers in Act 75 and Act 21 cases), antitrust (compliance with Federal Trade Commission and United States Justice Department’s merger guidelines; antitrust litigation); construction law (arbitration claims on behalf of developers, contractors and subcontractors), public and government contracts (bid and contract challenges before government entities and public corporations). In addition, Herman has litigated and given advice on employment matters, and use permits (representing developers and telecommunication companies), bankruptcy and U.S. criminal and civil forfeitures. Herman is a member of the Grievance and Appeals Committee for the World Boxing Council ("WBC").
Place of birth:
San Juan, PR
- University of Puerto Rico Law School, San Juan, PR
Law Review: University of Puerto Rico Law Review, Member, 1995 - 1996
- Clark University, Worcester, MA
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, 1997
- U.S. District Court of Puerto Rico, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2006
Past Employment Experience:
- Martínez O’Dell & Calabría
Associate Litigation Department
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Ticket Center v. Banco Popular: Mr. Colberg is part of the defense team representing Banco Popular from an antitrust action filed by Ticket Center at the federal District Court for Puerto Rico. PMA has also successfully defended Banco Popular from attacks by Ticket Center to Banco Popular’s authority to process the sale of event tickets under the National Bank Act, Bank Holding Company Act and Puerto Rico’s banking statutes, and to Banco Popular’s exclusive agreement to process the sale of event tickets at Puerto Rico’s José Miguel Agrelot Coliseum.
- Alberic Colón et al. v. General Motors: Mr. Colberg represents General Motors and various other car dealers in Puerto Rico in the appeal before the Puerto Rico Supreme Court of a multimillion dollar judgment against the car dealers.
- Kell v. American Capital Strategies: Successfully represented American Capital Strategies with respect to alleged violations of the Sherman and RICO Acts. These actions were particularly dismissed in Kell v. American Capital Strategies, 278 F.Supp2d 156, 161 (D.P.R.2003).
- ARJC Construction v. Mun. of Barceloneta and Desarrollos Membrillo: Successfully represented client in a challenge to a municipal bid award. The Supreme Court concluded that the Municipality had acted correctly in awarding the sale to PMA’s client.
- Mega Cellulars v. Cingular Wireless: Obtained summary judgment in favor of Cingular Wireless (now AT&T) in a collection of money and damages action filed by Mega Cellulars in connection with the sale of telecommunication equipment.