Since joining the firm in October 2002, Mr. Rodríguez’ practice has focused on various areas of corporate and commercial law. Currently, his practice centers on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and regulatory compliance for clients engaged in the financial services and insurance industry. He has represented governmental clients regarding public finances and drafted proposed financial legislation and regulations. Manuel has also represented private entities in connection with the government procurement process and recent efforts to promote public private partnerships. As part of his practice, he has also represented local financial institutions in the structuring and administration of new and innovative investment companies under Puerto Rico law.
Place of birth:
San Juan, PR
- New York University School of Law, New York, NY
New York University Dean's Scholarship, 1999-2002
Law Journal: New York University Journal of International Law and Politics, Book Review Editor, 2001 - 2002
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
Magna Cum Laude
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Counsel to Chiquita International Limited and Chiquita Brands, LLC in the sale of their operations in the Republic of Colombia. Sale of Chiquita International Brands’ operations in the Republic of Colombia.
- Local counsel to Triple-S Management Corporation in its initial public offering of Class B common stock
Counsel to Santander BanCorp in its acquisition of Island Finance.
- Underwriter’s Counsel and Bond Counsel to the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and its instrumentalities in various Bond Offerings, including fixed and variable rate bonds.
- Drafted proposed legislation enabling the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico to enter into derivative contracts
Counsel to various investment banks regarding public private partnerships in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.