Ms. Cara has been a Special Counsel with PMA since 1999. Her practice is focused in the area of corporate and commercial law with particular emphasis on acquisitions, bank financing, insurance and consumer credit regulatory matters. Her clients include local, national and international insurance companies, retail businesses and commercial and consumer credit lenders. She has represented both purchasers and sellers in stock and asset sales in the banking, insurance, and retail industries. In connection with her financing practice, Ms. Cara has worked on some of the largest and most complex syndicated bank financings in Puerto Rico and has worked as special local counsel in connection with financings originated outside of Puerto Rico.
Place of birth:
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, VA
- Princeton University, NJ
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, 1990
Past Employment Experience:
- McConnell Váldes, San Juan, PR
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Represented purchaser in stock acquisition of insurance company and insurance agency.
- Represented federal savings bank in sale of branch banking business.
- Represented national bank in sale of retail banking business in Puerto Rico.
- Represented the bank syndicate in the $270,000,000 refinancing of commercial real estate properties.
- Represented the bank syndicate in the $95,000,000 financing for the acquisition of a major local retail with more than sixty stores on the Island.
- Represented the lender in the $115,000,000 interim construction loan and permanent financing for the construction of a mega-yacht marina and related upland office/retail facilities.
- Represented various national consumer credit lenders in establishing operations in Puerto Rico and in compliance matters.