Ms. Rivera Meléndez joined PMA in October 2009. She obtained her JD from the University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, graduating Summa Cum Laude, and her LLM in Taxation from the New York University School of Law. Prior to joining the Tax Practice Group, she participated in PMA’s Summer Associate Program in 2008. Ms. Rivera’s practice includes advising clients on various tax matters including: Puerto Rico and federal income taxation, corporate and partnership taxation, and other local tax matters such as, estate, property, municipal license, sales and use, and alcoholic beverages. She also assists clients on various corporate reorganizations, the application and negotiation of tax exemption decrees and tax credits, and various licensing and related compliance matters, including the international financial entity license, pawnshop license, alcoholic beverages licenses, and other internal revenue licenses.
• New York University School of Law, New York, NY 2014 Executive LLM in Taxation
• University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, San Juan, PR, 2009 J.D., Summa Cum Laude
• University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR, 2005 B.A. in Accounting and Finance, Summa Cum Laude
• University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Amherst, MA, 2003-2004, exchange program
•Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, 2010
• University of Puerto Rico Law Review, 78 REV. JUR. UPR 859; "Inversiones Internacionales: Algunas defensas controversiales que levantan los estados en los tribunales de arbitraje internacional."
• Manuel A. Segarra Vázquez Law Office, Guaynabo, PR
January 2009 - May 2009
• KPMG LLP, San Juan, PR
January 2005 - August 2005
• JP Morgan & Chase, New York, NY
2003 - 2004
•Puerto Rico Society of Certified Public Accountants