Mr. Murgia-Díaz joined PMA’s Litigation Practice Group in 2010. Before joining the Firm, he worked at the Department of Consumer Affairs of Puerto Rico, where he served as a Special Advisor to the Secretary. Mr. Murgia-Díaz also worked at the General Litigation Division of the Puerto Rico Justice Department. There, he was trusted with a wide array of cases involving areas such as constitutional, administrative, tax, labor and employment law, medical malpractice, organized crime, contractual disputes and torts.
Place of birth:
San Juan, PR
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA
- University of Puerto Rico Law School, San Juan, PR
Magna Cum Laude
- University of Barcelona School of Law, Barcelona, Spain
- University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras, PR
Magna Cum Laude
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Adverse Employment Actions Based on Off-Duty Participation on Social Network Sites: Interests, Concerns and Potential Legal Issues, 71 REV. JUR. COL. ABOG. ___ (2010) (Forthcoming).
- 11 Angry Men and a Very Persuasive One: An Examination of 12 Angry Men from a Negotiation Perspective (Forthcoming, Ley y Foro).
- Youth, Privacy and Reputation (Literature Review) (with Alice Marwick & John Palfrey) (2010). Berkman Center Research Publication No. 2010-5.
- La Privacidad Informática en el Internet: ¿Pueden las Políticas de Privacidad Electrónica Proteger Nuestra Información Personal?, 68 REV. JUR. COL. ABOG. 463 (2007).
Past Employment Experience:
- Department of Consumer Affairs of Puerto Rico, Office of the Secretary Special Advisor to the Secretary in Charge of Legislative Affairs
- Department of Justice of Puerto Rico, General Litigation Office
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Puerto Rico Bar Association