Mr. Alvarado-Vázquez joined the Firm’s Litigation Group in 2016. Prior to joining the firm, he worked as Special Assistant to the Puerto Rico Attorney General. At the Puerto Rico Department of Justice he advised the Attorney General in an array of areas, such as Constitutional and Administrative law, Public Procurement, and federal funds. While at the Department, he also collaborated with the oversight and strategy of high-profile cases and investigations. In addition, Mr. Alvarado-Vázquez clerked for the Associate Justice of the P.R. Supreme Court, Hon. Anabelle Rodríguez. As a law student, he was the Editor-in-Chief of Volume 80 of the University of Puerto Rico Law Review.
Mr. Alvarado-Vázquez serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of the EDP University of Puerto Rico, Inc. He also serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Fundación Manos con Manos de Puerto Rico, a non-profit organization that sponsors artistic projects in underprivileged communities in Puerto Rico.
Place of birth:
San Juan, PR
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, 2014, LL.M.
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law, San Juan, PR, 2011, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras, PR, 2007, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, 2012
- José A. Alvarado-Vázquez, La preponderancia de los valores judiciales en el perfil adjudicativo del juez Jaime B. Fuster Berlingeri, 80 Rev. Jur. U.P.R. 65 (2011).
- Luis Muñiz-Argüelles & José A. Alvarado-Vázquez, Análisis del término: Obligaciones y Contratos, 79 Rev. Jur. U.P.R. 445 (2010).
Past Employment Experience:
- Puerto Rico Department of Justice, Hon. César R. Miranda, Attorney General
Special Assistant to the Attorney General, 2014 – 2016
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court, Hon. Anabelle Rodríguez, Associate Justice
Law Clerk, 2010 – 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Puerto Rico Bar Association, member
- EDP University of Puerto Rico, Inc., member of the Board of Trustees
- Fundación Manos con Manos de Puerto Rico, member of the Board of Directors