Yesika Z. Ramos-Carro joined PMA in November 2016. She is a Counsel of the Firm’s Litigation Group. She has considerable experience in managing litigation, regulatory and compliance matters involving telecommunications companies. She has been engaged as lead local counsel in telecommunications rulemaking proceedings as well as in complex litigations, arbitrations and mediations pertaining to the approval and enforcement of interconnection agreements. She also has experienced in representing companies in issues related to data and privacy security as well as in consumer protection laws. Her practice includes representing clients before the Telecommunications Regulatory Board of Puerto Rico, the Puerto Rico Department of Consumers Affairs, and Puerto Rico state and federal courts. Her practice also includes advising clients on privacy, data security, telecommunications and Internet matters.
Place of birth:
San Juan, PR
- Inter-American University of Puerto Rico School of Law, San Juan, PR 2006 J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Metropolitan University of Puerto Rico, Ana G. Méndez University System, San Juan, PR
- Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, FL
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, 2007
- U.S. District Court, 2008
Past Employment Experience:
- Fiddler, González & Rodríguez, P.S.C.
Litigation and Regulatory Attorney (2007-2016)
- Puerto Rico Telephone Company, Inc. d/b/a Claro
Legal Affairs Official (2005-2007)
Regulatory Affairs Official (2000-2005)
- Axtmayer, Adsuar, Muñiz & Goyco, P.S.C.
- Puerto Rico Telecommunications Regulatory Board (1997-1999)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), 2015
- Certified as Information Privacy Professional in the United States Sector Law (CIPP/US), 2016
- Contributor of the IAPP Latin American Dashboard Digest Publication